Download Submittal Worksheet
Dialysis Box with Backflow Preventer, Trap Primer, and Thermostatic Mixing Valve
The W.D. Manor by Whitehall dialysis wall box protects patients at their most vulnerable, minimizes liability, and promotes significant job savings for the installer.
Each dialysis box is prefabricated and pre-plumbed and includes an integrated reduced pressure backflow preventer. This eliminates the need to pipe back to a shared backflow preventer and eliminates the possibilities of cross-contamination that can arise from that arrangement.
Modular Dialysis Box Features
- Isolation Valve: Valve typically open, only closed for service of trap primer or backflow device
- Trap Primer: Drips water into the drain when the device senses pressure fluctuation. This keeps the P-trap seal with water to eliminate sewer gas.
- Thermostatic Mixing Valve: used to temper the hot and cold water to the optimal temperature. Most dialysis machines require between 75-78° F water.
- Thermometer Gauge: Reads the current temperature of the dialysis supply water
- Drain Pipe: 2” IPS Drain
- Backflow Prevention: Protects the “house system” upstream from any back siphon or backflow contamination events.
- Dialysis Supply: 2” Potable water supply via male hose thread adapter