SAFETY TREADS IN COLORS
designed to enhance the safety and beauty of every architectural installation.
A high content of Aluminum oxide abrasive grit for long life lasting beauty. Spectra®'s Safety surface has easy maintenance features and insures greatest protection from liability of falls and injuries.
Extruded aluminum base—abrasive filler
Lengths to order, up to 10'-0" max. in one piece.
Anti-slip abrasive extending over radius of nose
High content of aluminum oxide abrasive
18 standard colors
"Clean" architectural lines
Protective tape available
Provide Spectra® type ________ safety nosings as manufactured by
Wooster Products Inc. For interior and exterior stairs.
- Nosing base to be type 6063-T5 extruded aluminum.
- Anti-slip filler shall contain not less than 60% virgin grain
Aluminum Oxide (AL2O3) abrasive
- Binder is to be fully-cured resilient type epoxy; epoxy binder to filler
ratio to be 13% minimum for improved cleanability.
- Epoxy/Abrasive filler shall extend over the curved front edge of nosing
and shall be securely bonded to the aluminum base.
- Type of anchor shall be as specified.
- Nosings shall terminate not more than 4" from ends of steps for poured
concrete stairs; for concrete filled steel pan stairs, nosings shall be full length
of steps less 1/8" clearance.
- Color shall extend uniformly throughout the filler; black color will be furnished
if no other color is specified.
- NOTE: Safety nosings going into new poured concrete or cement fill shall
be installed before "Initial Set" of the concrete or cement occurs.
Nosings shall finish flush with the top of the traffic surface.