SL57 Full Surface Geared Continuous Hinge
Download SL57 Specifications.
The SL57 full surface geared continuous hinge is a long-term, tamper-resistant solution for your high-traffic commercial entryways. Designed for retrofit or new construction applications, it will reduce maintenance costs while outperforming traditional butt and pivot hinges. Here’s why it is the best choice in schools, offices, airports, storefronts, hotels and public and industrial buildings :
- Lasts 60+ years in high-traffic entryways. A SELECT geared continuous hinge distributes stress the full length not just two to four points along the door so it performs problem-free for years. To prove its superior endurance we tested a SELECT hinge for 25,000,000 open/close cycles (equivalent to 60-years of high-traffic operation) and there was no measurable change to the hinge or door.
- Backed by our exclusive Continuous Warranty™ — that proven endurance deserves a warranty that never ends for a hinge that never quits.
- Reuse doors and frames. No need to start over when installing an SL57 geared full surface continuous hinge.
- SL57 hinges fit doors better and last longer because the matched leaves are manufactured, machined and anodized after machining — together.
- Consistent templating ensures hinge holes line up precisely which simplifies installation.
- Lifetime lubrication delivers quiet performance; eliminates periodic maintenance.
- Qualifies for LEED points. SL57 hinges are made from up to 100% reclined aluminum 100% recycled aluminum and their durability reduces environmental impact.
- Ships in 48 hours. 99% of all SELECT hinge orders are "Geared to ship in 48 hours." You will be able to start improving your building’s security and cost savings in days, not months!
COMBINE SELECT’S METAL TIPIT LM WITH SL57 HINGE TO MEET NYS-OMH AND FGI PATIENT SAFETY STANDARDS.
Mount a patented, metal SELECT TIPIT LM hospital tip to the door frame header above existing or new SL57 aluminum geared full surface continuous hinge. Four TORX security screws hold the TIPIT securely in place.
Select’s Ligature Resistant combination listed in the New York State Office Of Mental Health Patient Safety Standards, Materials and Systems Guidelines and the 2018 Facility Guidelines Institute (FGI) Design Guide for Behavioral Health Facilities
Start making your hospital, school or correctional facility safer today.
Let’s talk about how we can help your facility comply with ligature-resistant safety standards by installing SELECT’s metal TIPIT LM and SL57 combination.