Accurate Lock and Hardware, Ligature Resistant Spring Hinge Cover, CCS_LR-Close
Most commercially available door closers pose a ligature risk. This is a challenge for applications that require the opening to be self-closing and ligature resistant. In response, the LR-CLOSE offers a safe alternative that meets criteria by providing a solid hinge cover that installs over spring hinges on the patient side of the doors.
- -Standard finish ESN Electroless Nickel.
- -Ives 3SP1 Hinges are included, for use with other hinges please contact us for assistance.
- -For use with 1-3/4” thick doors, for other door thicknesses please call for assistance.
- -Common applications include: group/activity rooms, physician/patient consultation rooms, interview rooms, supply closets, staff area entries.
- -A recent Joint Commission Expert Panel’s findings prompted the release of suicide reduction strategies for inpatient mental illness units. Specifically, both self-closing and self-locking doors (not one or the other) to separate areas required to be ligature resistant from those that are not. The intent is to eliminate staff reliance on closing and locking these doors to prevent harm.
How to Specify
- LR-CLOSE | 84" Door
- LR-CLOSE | 86" Door
- Hinge[A]: Top of door to centerline of top hinge
- Hinge[B]: Centerline of middle hinge to centerline of top hinge
- Hinge[C]: Centerline of middle hinge to centerline of bottom hinge
- Hinge[D]: Centerline of bottom hinge to bottom of the door
- Ives 3SP1 Hinges are included, for use with other hinges please contact us for assistance.
- For use with 1-3/4” thick doors, for other door thicknesses please contact us for assistance.