Sentinel Event Reduction Door, CCSN304
- The Sentinel Event Reduction Door (SER) is the first recognized and patented door designed with safety features to prevent inpatient suicides.
(Joint Commission publication; “Suicide Prevention: Toolkit for Implementing National Patient Safety Goal 15a”; Joint Commission Resources, 2007)
- It is designed so that there are no ligature or hanging points on any four sides of the door.
- The SER door eliminates suicide hazards that exist with standard bathroom doors in psych centers, hospitals, prisons and detention
- The SER doors are constructed from 3/4? thick extruded polymer resins that do not splinter or crack under high abuse. The polymer doors may be painted to match any color scheme.
- SER doors are mounted with a universal continuous hinge that may be mounted to door frame or toilet partition and eliminates any gaps that may be used as an ligature point.
- The top of the door is angled, so anything hung over will slide off. Shower door eliminates curtains and the chance of affixation by use of waterproof materials.