SAFEBAR Grab Bar
For Healthcare and Correctional Facilities or Retrofit Applications
ADA Compliant Suicide Resistant
- Suicide Resistant, No Space Between Wall and Bar
- Installed in Healthcare and Correctional Facilities Across The Nation
- The Only Security Bar to Allow Full Grip
- Variable Fastener Spacing for Easy Retrofits
- Self Draining for Wet Applications
- Open for Contraband Inspection
- Specially Hardened Alloy
- Suitable for Continuous Hand railings
- Available In Sizes to Meet All Applications
MINIMIZE YOUR RISK, SAVE TIME & MONEY
NOW AVAILABLE WITH STANDARD
OR SELF-DRAINING END CAP OPTION
Use: For installation in toilet rooms, shower stalls, at bathtubs, and at other locations required to have grab bars to provide assistance for persons with disabilities or mobility impairment. The design is also suitable to be used as continuous handrails. The unique design meets the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and resists suicide-by-hanging attempts. The one piece design resists abuse and does not offer a place to conceal contraband. To facilitate retrofit installations SAFEBAR grab bars are not pre-drilled for fasteners and offer a continuous mounting surface. This allows adaptation to a variety of mounting conditions where backing, which is critical for proper attachment, may not align with conventional grab bar mounting points. These features make SAFEBAR a product well suited for secure facilities such as Behavioral Health Facilities, Hospitals, Juvenile Detention Facilities, Courthouses, Jails and Prisons.
Materials: SAFEBAR grab bars are extruded from 6063-T52 alloy aluminum and receive a special surface treatment to resist scratching. All edges are radiused and carefully finished.
Available Sizes and Cost: SAFEBAR grab bars are available from stock in straight lengths of 18", 24", 30", 36", 42", 48", 54" and 60". Bars in custom lengths and L-corner bars are available on special order. SAFEBAR grab bars are competitively priced and can be shipped by UPS upon receipt of order. To order, contact Cape Cod Systems Corporation.
Installation: Determine installation height and location. Locate appropriate backing locations and transfer layout to SAFEBAR. Drill holes 1/32" larger than fastener diameter, 3/4" from bottom of the mounting flange. Before securing bar to wall apply a continuous bead of acrylic latex sealant to back of mounting flange, both top and bottom. Secure to wall and wipe away any excess sealant with a moist cloth. (Note: For security applications epoxy sealant is recommended.)
Maintenance: Normal cleaning with a dry cloth or non-acidic detergent is all that is required to keep your SAFEBAR grab bars looking new.
To Specify: Grab bars shall be manufactured by SAFEBAR.
- Material: Extruded 6063-T52 aluminum.
- Finish: Hard coat anodize, clear. Optional Finish:
- Powder coat; 1.8-2.5 mil. Thick (White, Almond, Silver,
- other colors available upon request).
- Sizes: Reference drawings for lengths and configurations.
- All exposed edges rounded and finished.
- End Cap Option: Provide factory installed End Caps
- (Specify Standard or Self-Draining).